Sunday, May 16, 2010

Too long

Sorry, it has been quite some time since my last post. Since then I have turned 41, and our baseball season is in full swing.
The downer of the season is that Travis's team, and my team (Tylers) games are on the same nights. So I will be missing all of Travis's final regular season. We are adapting as transportation is the big issue now.
Speaking of transportation. Travis is now studying for his drivers learners permit. All neighbors who think it is cool to park behind my driveway might want to rethink that logic.
The chevelle is now up for sale. It is consigned at Affordable Classics in Gladstone Oregon. I really don't have time for the tire kickers and phone calls. I reached a point where the car just wasn't that important anymore, and we need a stronger truck to pull the boat. My goal is to clear $18k from the car and get at least $3k for my truck on a trade in. It has been a slow process, but it has to be done.

Back to baseball, which frankly is running our lives right now. My team found themselves in a 13-4 ass kicking in the fourth inning. I told them they would have to swing the bat, something they hadn't done all game, if they wanted to win. They did it. We scored 14 runs in the top of the 5th, then held Lakeridge to two runs to secure an 18-15 win. Beautiful it was not, but a win is just that.
Great for the season opener, now we need to keep it together and get a few more pitchers if we want to make county and state this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment